These strawberry rhubarb tarts are made of a shortcrust base and filled with an strawberry rhubarb jelly. Vegan, fruity and springlike!
Are you searching for other tart recipes? Then click here.
Or are you searching other spring inspired recipes? Then have a look at the category spring/Easter.
If you have any question or would like to tell me how my recipe turned out, I would love it if you would leave a comment down below. Have fun and enjoy!
Strawberry rhubarb tart (vegan)
- 120 g white spelt flour
- 22 g powdered sugar
- 17 g almonds ground, without skin
- 60 g vegan butter
- 10 g water
- 100 g strawberries clean and cut into pieces
- 100 g rhubarb peeled and cut into pieces
- 50 g white sugar
- 1,5 Tbsp agar agar as powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Prepare shorcrust pastry
- Mix all ingredients. Let cool in the fridge at least 4 hours.
Place shortcrust in the tart molds
- Mix the dough a little bit with the hands to soften. Roll the dough until it is 3mm thick and 4-5 cm bigger than the tart mold.
- Fit in the mold and cut the outstanding parts with a sharp knife. Poke some holes on the base with the help of a fork.
- Prepare some extra cookies for decoration with the extra dough.
- Place the tart dough and decoration with the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Bake shortcrust pastry
- Bake the shortcrust pastry at 165°C (fan oven) during 15 minutes (the cookies for decoration will take less time to bake).
- While the base of the tarts is cooling down prepare the filling. Place all ingredients except the agar agar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until all fruit is soft.
- Add agar agar and purée until there are no chunks more of fruit.
- The agar agar powder needs to cook 3 minutes so that it gets activated (check on your package that this duration is matching with the one you bought).
- Let cool the filling a bit. Stir from time to time so that the top does not start to harden.
- Once the filling has cooled down a bit pour in the baked tarts. Let cool down completely.
- Decorate with the extra cookies before serving.