This granola is perfect for a fast breakfast or as snack, with joghurt, milk or fruit. The mix of sourdough discard, maple sirup and ground almonds make it extra crunchy and helps build even crunchier clusters.
The recipe is additionally vegan and gluten free. You can also use brown butte instead of the oil or flakes from other grains. Just as you prefer!
Why I like to sweeten with maple sirup
Maple sirup increases the sugar in the blood lower than sugar, as its glycemic index is smaller (the glycemic index of maple sirup is 65). Additionally maple sirup is anti-inflamatory and contains potassium and B vitamines. The taste of maple sirup is perfect for the roasted muesli.
Create your own muesli
You decide which seeds you would have to include and which spices you would like to use. You can also add dried fruits to your granola once its cools down.
If you have any question or would like to tell me how my recipe turned out, I would love it if you would leave a comment down below. Have fun and enjoy!
Sourdough granola (baked crunchy muesli)
- 180 g rolled oats
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g almonds with skin, ground
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 75 g Lievito Madre alternative: 100g sourdough starter, then without the additional water
- 25 g water
- 50-100 g maple sirup depends on how sweet you like your muesli
- 20 g sunflower oil
- Mix all ingredients from the oats until the cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl mix Lievito Madre, water, maple sirup and oil. Make sure the Lievito Madre is dissolved completely.
- Mix everything together and distribute evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 175°C fan on 15 minutes.