When the plum season starts, I know immediately what I want: a plum cake with streusel. I have modified this traditional cake a little bit, by using a yogurt-oil-dough with whole spelt flour as the bottom. I also like to reduce the amount of sugar in cakes and have done it here too.
I love all 3 layers: the tart taste of the dough, the juicy plum layer and the sweet crunchy streusel. An great cake, which I would recommend you to bake!
Plum cake with streusel
- 120 g white spelt flour
- 30 g brown sugar
- 60 g butter
- 60 g yogurt
- 15 g sunflower oil
- 20 g milk
- 150 g whole spelt flour
- 20 g brown sugar
- 4 g baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 400 g plums
- Remove kern from plums and divide in quarters. Place to a side.
- For the yogurt-oil-dough mix all ingredients together until you can form a ball.
- Let rest a litte bit and then roll into a square of approximately 20x20cm. Place in the greased baking tin.
- For the streusel mix all ingredients until big streusel form.
- Then place the plums on top of the yogurt-oil-dough and top with the streusel.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 180°C (heat top/bottom).