These energy balls have masked themselves as chocolate truffles. They are the ultimative dessert or the perfect do-it-yourself present. You only need 3 ingredients and 30 minutes time. These super chocolatey truffles are vegan, are sweetened with dates and are raw. Give them a try!
Why I like to sweeten with dates
Dates are full of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, which have numerous health benefits and can even protect from developing some illnesses. The digestion gets boosted thanks to the high amount of fiber and the dates upport the bowel movements. Therefore I prefer to use dates whenever possible.
Chocolate truffles (vegan, additional sugar free, raw)
- 40 g nuts almonds, hazelnuts, cashews...
- 75 g dates
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover them with lukewarm water. Let them soak 15 minutes.
- Remove the water from the dates and place the dates together with the nuts and the cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- Puree everything until no pieces remain.
- With the help of a teaspoon take a bit of dough at a time and roll it to a ball (it is easier if you wet your hands a bit). Roll them in cocoa powder to finish them.