These carrot sugar cookies have some grated carrots in them for more Easter feeling and a sweeter taste.
Carrots and Easter
Carrots belong in Germany to the Easter rabbit… and I additionally love carrots in any way: as soup, salad, in the bread, as cake and why not in these delicious cookies. My kids are my prefered testers as they always say the trouth regarding weather they liked it or not. But this time they ate the cookies so fast that I had to store some of them separately to be able to do this pictures for you.
Suchst du mehr Rezepten mit Karotten? Dann schau doch mal hier vorbei:
- The carrot challah: a spelt challah using carrot juice and grated carrots, which can also bea baked vegan.
- My spring bread: a spelt sourdough bread with rolled oats, carrots and buttermilk.
- The power carrot bread: a whole spelt bread with carrots and seeds baked in a tin.
If you have any question or would like to tell me how my recipe turned out, I would love it if you would leave a comment down below. Have fun and enjoy!
Carrot sugar cookies (spelt cookies with carrots)
- 250 g spelt flour (I used half whole and half white spelt flour)
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar alterantive: date sugar
- 100 g carrots finely grated
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- Knead all ingreadients together until the dough forms a ball.
- Let rest at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Then roll out (2-3mm thick) and use your favorite cookie cutters to cut cookies out of the dough.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 175°C fan-oven until golden brown (10-15 minutes).