These muffins are fruity due to the apple pieces and are sweetened with the help of dates and unsweetened applesauce. Cinnamon is the perfect combination with the apples. Warming and wholesome, perfect for the cold weather to start the day or as a snack.
Why I like to sweeten with dates
Dates are full of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, which have numerous health benefits and can even protect from developing some illnesses. The digestion gets boosted thanks to the high amount of fiber and the dates upport the bowel movements. Therefore I prefer to use dates whenever possible.
Try them, you will love them!
Apple cinnamon muffins (vegan, additional sugar free)
- 210 g whole spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 115 g unsweetened applesauce
- 100 g dates
- 150 g milk oat milk, almond milk, soy milk...
- 2 tsp apple vinegar
- 70 g sunflower oil
- 85 g apple peeled and cut in small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 175°C fan on and line a muffin tray with muffin paper tins.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix applesauce, milk, oil, apple vinegar and dates in another bowl and puree everything together.
- Then mix everything together and add the half of the apples.
- Divide the dough in the muffin tins.
- Place the rest of the apple pieces on top of the dough.
- Bake 25 minutes at 175°C fan on or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.